Until soon, Germany – Hello Portugal
Soon it says „Goodbye Germany“ for me, because I'm leaving the country. In 1 1/2 I'll take my semester abroad weeks in Lisbon.
The semester abroad is in my field of study (amazingly) no obligation. I voluntarily decided, Since I am of the opinion, one learns a language best spot. Also, you have also the possibility to get to know other cultures. And perhaps other fallback cultures! I'm looking forward, Lisbon's bookstores to crawl back books ;)
I am housed in a 3 WG for girls. The kitchen is very small and „functional“ be. I hope, I'm going there can bake continue with much improvisation and you here on muffins & further can provide with delicious recipes and reports!
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.
– Saint Augustine
My to-do list for Portugal
For a lecture at the University, I have crawled several travel books about Portugal and found some interesting things, I see during my stay there, do, would like to eat or drink.
Maybe she inspired one of you, Time to travel to Portugal.
– Ride on tram line 28 (with the you can see the most beautiful parts of the city on cheap way)
– "Elevador Santa Justa" elevator
– Funicular "Elevador da Bica / da Glória"
– Cableway on the banks of the Tagus
– Cocktail bar „Le Chat“ on the Tagus River at sunset
– Champagneria (at the time most popular)
– Algarve: Cave trip; organised sailing of the largest Jachhafen Marina de Vilamoura
– Porto: Leading port wine cellars in Vila Nova da Gaia with wine tasting; Mercado do Bolhão (Market)
– Beach surfing
– Setúbal: See dolphins, Tour with Reserva natural do Estudário do Sado
– Fairy tale forest of Buçaco
– Aveiro: Old town of channels
– Lisboa card – Bus, Tram, Metro free of charge + free or discounted admission to museums; also city tours and cruises cheap
– multiple car use: bilhete turistico for 7, 14 or 21 Day www.cp.pt
– best rapid bus network has speech Nacional de Expressos
Beautiful beaches in Lisbon
– Costa do Sol (Direction Cascais)
– Portinho da Arrábida
Food & Drink
– Doce de ovos – sweet egg dish
– Leite creme – Caramelized sugar cream, Egg and milk
– Arroz doce – Eggs rice pudding with cinnamon
– Pudim fla – Caramel pudding
– Pastéis de Bélem from Pastelaria de Belém
– Bacalhau (à Bráz) – Salt cod (with fried potatoes and scrambled eggs)
Vinho branco – White wine (Vocabulary: sweet doce = adamado)
– White port wine
Ginjinha – Cherry liqueur
– Medronho – Aquavite from fruit of Destilled
Have you ever been in Portugal or do have a good tip for me?